This article is for people that face the same busy lifestyle routines that I used to have. I will tell you how you can improve your lifestyle by embracing small and easy habits. These habits can be adapted by every woman/man with a busy life style. Share it, pass it on, pay it forward. Successful women are generous!
Not so long ago, I had a full time job from 9 to 17, though sometimes it would become from 9 to 20. As much as I wanted to grow higher and higher in position and always be ahead of everybody else, my personal life pretty much fell apart. The first thing when I got home would be to talk with my boyfriend, who poor him had to hear about problems at my work almost every day. On top of that, my sexual appetite was not what it used to be. My main concern was work and what I had to do the next day and I was always exhausted. Basically, my priorities were not me or my relationship, they were all mainly related to my work. The only time I didn’t think about work was during holidays. But unfortunately, I couldn’t go on vacation all the time.
I tried a lot of things to get my mood and mojo back and this is what I found were most helpfull for me
- Meditate. Wake up 10 minutes earlier than you usually do, try to relax and think of good things that can happen in your day. No matter how hard it is, start your morning with positive thinking. By meditation you help balancing the body’s systems. Learn more about the importance of meditation and how to meditate from howtobehappy.guru
- Do as much exercise as you can. I am not a fan of the gym to be honest. Like so many others, I will subscribe and go for a few weeks, then get bored and just be mad at myself for wasting money on something I don’t use. But like I wrote on my previous article weight loss goal, I tried to change some other habits. Such as taking the bike to the city instead of the car and having a walk a few days per week, it all helps.
- Try to eat better. How often do you find yourself at lunch or after work, starving and instead of cooking a healthy meal, you end up with fast-food. It tastes great and satisfies your hunger for a moment. But afterwards? You find yourself tired bloated, feeling heavy and hungry again. Fast Food is OK occasionally, but I found preparing and packing a healthy lunch left me feeling fuller and healthier for longer in addition to feeling happier about myself.
- Get a job that you love doing. I once saw a post on Instagram that said ‘’build your life so good that you won’t feel the need to have a holiday’’. I know from my own experience I know this is not easy. If we could all have the chance to do what we love, the world would be so much better, right? What I suggest is to goal with the kind of job you want and then try to work towards it, with small steps at a time until you get there. Read my how to set a goal article, I hope it can inspire you to do it.
- Surround yourself with people that make you laugh and stand by your side no matter what. Try to make friends with people that you have things to talk about besides work, people that are fun and supportive. It’s better to have 1 or 2 good friends than many superficial ones.
- Life partner. My dad used to say to me ‘’Love is a treasure that not everyone can afford’’. This goes so deep but it’s true. When you love someone and that somebody loves you back, that is a life altering change. If you find that ‘’someone’’ for you or already have, treasure your relationship, this is a source of support and strength..
- Invest in yourself. Don’t forget to treat yourself from time to time. ‘’Make yourself a priority once in awhile, it’s not selfish, it’s a necessity.’’Get a face treatment, change your hairstyle, go to spa or go shopping. Never stop doing things for yourself.
- Take a vacation once in awhile. Most of us dream about a long exotic holiday to far away places, but not everyone can afford that. Go for a weekend getaway instead, even somewhere close to your home can give you a change of scenery. Stay aware of weekend getaways deals and jump on it if you get the chance. Even grabbing a backpack and going for a hike or a long bike ride can help. The point is changing the views, focus on other things than work or meet new people. It will help you start your new week with totally different energy and mindset.
- And Finally, my favourite of them all : have a glass of wine! A few days ago I came across an article about how wine is good for your mind, body and soul. I couldn’t stop laughing while reading it. I loved it so much that’s why I will share it here with you http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/wine-is-good-for-you/965984/.
I hope these tips will help boost your mood and that you find them easy to follow. From my own experience I can tell you that they work.
I look forward to see you back on my website!
Please let me know in the comments which habits you are going to adopt and why.
Follow me on