A day where you can go and do anything you please without worrying about work, home or any other problems. Like I mentioned in my previous article 9 healthy habits to make you happier, healthier and more resilient, Invest in yourself. ‘’Make yourself a priority once in awhile, it’s not selfish, it’s a necessity.’’. I found myself these days, a little uninspired and uncertain what I should write about. I have a lot of ideas but couldn’t really pick the right one. In the end I took a day off blogging and went out in the city for some fresh air.
I got home super happy, more energized and with lots of new ideas. I meet with a friend and then to my favorite flower shop. I always enjoy buying flowers and filling my apartment with them.
If you don’t have a plan on what or how you could enjoy your ME-day, here are some of my suggestions:
- Pamper yourself. Book a day at your favorite spa and relax. You can also make your own treatments home. There are many natural masks and ways that you can apply home with the same results or maybe even better but less costly. Here on realsimple.com I found for you some perfect and simple face masks to do at home.
- Go for a walk in the city or in your favorite park. I usually like to buy a magazine, a cup of coffee and a danish (God, I love those too much) and just stay on a bench in the park. I like to observe people passing by, the way they dress, the way they act. It always strikes me how different we all are and it makes me realize that deep inside everybody has a story to tell.
- Dress to impress! If you are actually going to go out in the city, then make it worth it. Is your day off so you can dress however you feel like, no obligations. Wear those heels you had in your closet for a while. Make sure to take a selfie and post it on Instagram.
- Get lost in the pages of a good book.
- Pick up the phone and call that friend that you always wanted to talk to.
- Grab your camera and explore the parts or places of the city that you never been and you always wanted to see.
- Christmas is around the corner. What are your plans for Christmas? What do you want Santa to bring you? Have you been a good girl/boy? Ha-ha. Get into the holiday spirit, grab pen and paper and get to work on your Christmas list.
- Write. Write down what you’re worried about and what you’re thankful for. Or even better, read my article ‘’find your happy moments’’ and write down your happy moments.
- ‘’If you smile at someone, they might smile back’’. You can brighten up a person’s day with only one smile. Or even better, make a compliment if you see something or someone you liked. The reaction that you will get back can make your day too.
I will now finish my ME-day by finalizing this article and going to enjoy a nice warm bath and some wine. I hope you can find these suggestions useful and I am looking forward to read your emails or comments on how you spend your ME-day.
I look forward to see you back on my website!
Follow me on