This Saturday, the weather was amazing. I come from a country where spring actually means temperatures around 10-16 degrees celsius (50-60 fahrenheit), but living in Scandinavia for the last 7-8 years has taught me to appreciate the sun at every opportunity I get. It is not often that we have days with a clear sky and a bright sun. The kind of day that makes you want to stay out on the balcony, sing and almost expect birds to come and sing with you, maybe that’s just me haha..
However, this Saturday was that kind of day. It made me realize that it totally changed my mood, my focus and I was suddenly so full of hope. I went out and took some pictures with an outfit and for once I did not freeze.
There has been extensive studies that have shown weather to have a big effect on our moods. Studies show that weather – hot weather in particular – affect our mood, our outlook, even our degree of happiness or sadness.
Are you one of the people whose mood is affected by weather? Does sun and hot weather put you in a better mood like it does with me? If so, I thought about few things that we can do to make sure we enjoy the good weather that hopefully is about to come.
- Check your forecast and see which days the weather will be nice and sunny so you are prepared. Although forecasts are not right all the time, we have to believe in something right? You should be able to see predictions for the next 2 weeks and start planning your work and other free activities around that.
- On those days when you know the sun will shine, wake up an hour earlier and have a coffee in the sun without being rushed to get to work. Take your time to clear your head and plan for the day.
- Have your lunch outside in the sun. It is nice to sit and interact with colleagues for lunch, but once in awhile take a break from the work environment if you can. Even if it is just for half an hour, go outside in the sun and enjoy your lunch. You will come back with a different energy.
- If you are lucky enough to have a sunny weekend, don’t spend it inside. Take your bike, if you don’t have one, borrow one and ride around, enjoy the good weather.
- This one is my favourite: if you don’t have good weather in your city, then have a small weekend getaway somewhere you know it is hot and sunny. I just came back from meeting my friend for coffee and she just returned from a trip Milan in Italy. There is such a big difference in the mood that she was in when she left and now, I am so happy for her. We decided that in April we will take a trip to Milan together so I can get some sun also. I cannot wait, stick with me, I will show you pictures from there and more.
Bottom of the line is that you need to be kind to yourself, do things that make and bring you joy and I hope that reading my Motivational Articles can inspire you a bit. Meanwhile, here are the pictures that I took out in the sun, with a dress that I thought goes very well the spring mood and vibe. What do you think?
Clutch (black) HERE
Sandals from last year but similar and super cute HERE
Pssst.. the picture with the dress got featured on Asos.com yay
I look forward to see you back on my website!
Follow me on