Did you knew that scented candles can help boost your mood?
During summer, candles are nice and cosy but it is already hot and usually people are looking for ways to cool down not sweet more. But in the Fall and Winter period, candles are a necessity. Personally, I think I spend more money on candles during this period then on beauty products, are you the same?
Usually when I buy candles, I prefer the scented ones. I like my apartment to have a nice cosy smell, the smell of cinnamon, warm beverages, crisp air or soon Christmas. Scents can play a powerful role in your emotions and mood and scented candles can help boost your mood. If you are familiar with the termen of hygge that we use here in Denmark, candles are most certainly part of hygge.
Different scents for different moods
Lavender helps calm your mind and body and if you have troubles falling asleep, this is a great scent. Cinnamon is the perfect scent to describe Fall but scientists say that a whiff of cinnamon can improve your cognitive functions such as visual – motor response, working memory and attention span.
If you are looking for a little pick-me-up, instead of having tons of coffee, a scented citrus or orange candle can help you feel more energised. And if you feeling a bit down with your mood, a whiff of vanilla bean can elevate feelings of joy and relaxation. If you experience depression or you are going through a rough period, studies said that the effect of jasmine oil or scent can aid the relief of depression and lead to an uplifted mood. Pretty powerful for a tiny flower.
These are just few scents that I’ve researched about but there are lots more out there to fit with the different moods that you want to create at your home. I prepared for you a list of candles with different scents, essential oils or fragrances for your home that I hope you will like. Make sure you buy quality candles so you ensure the air quality in your home.
**pssst… you have a chance to win $100 Gift Card to shop at Nordstrom, check the end of the post
- Petitegrain and Jasmine Candle – with a blend of jasmine oils this must smell amazing!
- Grapefruit Scented Candle – because of it’s pink Pomelo, Lily of the Valley and Coriander Blossom scents it’s as equally fresh as it is uplifting.
- Expresso Martini Cocktail Candle – ohhh, I think this will put you in a good mood, I recommend this especially before going out.
- Porcelain Essential Oil Diffuser – I have been looking for this since forever. This is a ceramic aromatherapy diffuser designed to softly stream essential-oil-infused steam into your home—the perfect tool whether you’re looking to lift your mood or simply scent your living space. Yes, it is a bit pricey ($119) but it is designed to last for a really long time, has safety-off switches so you can operate it entirely free of hassle or worry plus comes in 2 colors that can easily fit with your furniture.
- Silver Cedar Home Ambience Perfume – if you are wondering what silver cedar scents smells like, think of green, woody notes, great outdoor combined with the shimmer and sparkle of the holidays. So if like me, you love the winter smells, this is the perfect scent to have. It will make your winter season sparkle.
- Diptyque Baies Candle – I’ve seen this candle all over Instagram and Pinterest, everyone loves it. Aside from the fact that comes at a reasonable price, smells of bouquet of roses sweetened with black currant leaves, after you are done with it you can easily use it for keeping your makeup tools. Double use!
- Vanilla Caramel Bay Candle –a scent that smells like the taste of your favourite ice cream, right? Well, for that price you might as well fill your whole home with them.
- Spirit Lamp Scented Candle – I was very intrigued by the name of the candle but if you are curious what it would smell like, try to imagine a combination of faint whiffs of peach and fresh petitgrain with a touch of radiant musk, coconut milk and white ginger. On the website you can find 3 types of these candles each for different purpose plus they will look great on your coffee table.
- Jasmin/Clean Linen/Warm Amber – I think the title says it all, this candle has a combination of scents and it will burn up to 30 hours. If these scents are not to your liking, you can find lots of scents combinations that you may like on their website.
- Strength Room Spray – Designed to bring calmness and positivity into your living space. Invigorates notes of Orange and spruce blend with the richness of Patchouli, Cedar and Cinnamon.
- Classic Candle Moroccan Amber – This candle includes notes of moroccan amber, sweet patchouli, heliotrope and bergamot that are accented with a hint of eucalyptus. And because of it’s classic shape and modern stripe, it fits very nicely with your home decor.
- Diptyque Candle – Baies Noir – same as the other Diptyque candle that I listed above except this one smells more fruity and it’s black.
- Yankee Candle Trio Season Glow – I love the Yankees candles and I can tell you honestly that if you invest in a big candle like this one, you are covered for the whole Fall/Winter season or almost. However, they come in different sizes, shapes and scents if you check on the website. Right now they have a discount so hurry up.
- Prosecco Rose Home Ambience Diffuser – Do you like prosecco, rose champagne or white roses petals? If so, this is the perfect scent for you.
- Jo Malone Orange Blossom Scented Candle – The Orange Blossom Home Candle infuses the scent of clementine, orange blossom and water lily. The scent of these candles last for hours, they look very luxury although they come at a really good price and brings warmth to any environment.
- Vetiver Concrete Candle – This candle’s scent is a combination of essential oils, vetiver, cedar and sandalwood. The aroma is slightly sharp, warm, with hints of earthiness and musk.
SURPRISE! $100 Nordstrom Gift Card !
This month I am celebrating my one year blogging anniversary and what better way to celebrate than with my readers. That is why, as a thank you for being part of my journey and in hope that you will come along with me for the future, I would like to give to one lucky winner a $100 Gift Card for shopping anything they please from Nordstrom. All you have to do is SUBSCRIBE to my email list and be part of my family. You will get notified when a new post is up and once in awhile if I discover a particular great deal and no, don’t worry, I won’t spam you!
The contest starts on the 1th of November and ends on the 30th November. The winner will be selected at random from the emails that sign up during that month, and you will be able to follow the selection live on my Insta stories, follow my Instagram HERE.
This contest it is not sponsored by anyone else but my tiny pocket, and a share to your friends is deeply appreciated. Good luck!
Any candles you like in particular? What are your favourite scents?