So we got all our Spring Essentials covered, we are all excited for the good weather, but there is something we should pay good attention to before we go enjoy it: sunscreen.
I am sure you all know about the importance of sunscreen during summer and I bet you all know you apply it when at the beach so you don’t get burned, but not all sunscreen is equal and they have many more properties that we need to take into consideration. First off: sunscreen helps keep ultraviolet rays – UVA and UVB from damaging your skin. UVB is responsible for sunburn while UVA is responsible for premature aging and wrinkles.
The SPF rating starts at 2 and it can go as high as 70, what you need depends on your skin type, how powerful the sun is and how long you will stay in the sun. For example, in order to stay protected from the sun’s radiation I use no higher than SPF 30 because I don’t usually burn easily, my skin pigment is a bit darker and I am used to sun as I grew up in Eastern Europe where we are used to very hot summers, running around and loving the heat. My boyfriend in the other hand, has a more pale skin pigment and he uses high SPF almost all the time as he gets red instantly. His usual sunscreen starts from 30 and sometimes higher. He gets burned extremely easy, gets all red and then does his best to avoid the sun. In fact, all the time he goes on holiday he covers himself with so much cream that he is all white like a vampire, it is always so fun to look at him :)) But just because you are using SPF 50, it doesn’t mean you are more protected then if you are using SPF 30 because SPF numbers are simply a standard for how long you can stay in the sun without burning. As a rule of thumb, an SPF rating of 15 would allow you to spend 150 minutes in the sun before burning.
So, unless you are living in cold and grey weather conditions with lots of rain and wind such as Denmark for example, haha , sunscreen should not be missing from your daily beauty routines, sometimes even during winter time. You can find face creams and body lotions with SPF included, as well as foundations or other beauty products. I’ve been doing some searches and I’ve listed some of the best, most used and affordable SPF creams you can use this spring/summer.
This post has been updated with new SPF creams 2019, you can check it HERE.
1. La Roche – Posay daily anti-aging face primer with Sunscreen – SPF50 HERE
2. Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face HERE
3. Daily Protection SPF 50 HERE
4. Virtu – Oil Body Mist Broad Spectrum SPF 30 HERE
5. Daily Herbal Body Moisturiser Broad Spectrum SPF 30 HERE
6. Bienfait UV SPF 50 + Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen HERE
7. The Reparative Face Sun Lotion SPF 30 (a bit more pricey but I heard La Mer products are very good) HERE
8. Banana Boat Sunscreen blocks UVA Rays – SPF 100 HERE
9. Super fluid UV Defense Ultra Light Sunscreen SPF 50 + HERE
10. Butter stick Lip Treatment SPF 25 HERE
11. Urban Environment Oil – Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 HERE
12. The Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Daily UV Protecting Fluid HERE
13. Super balanced Silk Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 HERE
14.Shameless Youthful- Look 24 H foundation SPF25 – my favourite HERE
15. Smooth Effect Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen HERE
16. Sun-care Sport Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 30 HERE
17. Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50 – HERE
18. Grapefruit Even Skin Tone Moisturiser SPF 15 HERE
19. Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 HERE
20. NeoCutis Journee Bio – Restorative Day Cream Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 HERE
Have you tried any of these? Any brand of sunscreen that you prefer?
Follow me on